Explore the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam with the BelVG team. We want to congratulate a member of our team – Roman Kurilin with a successfully passed certification! Also, we are going to share insights about the exam, look through the major topics and explain why developers need Magento certifications.
BelVG always does its best to improve Magento experience of our clients. Working with Magento certified developers and constantly increasing their number in our team, we ensure quality ecommerce services and create new functional Magento extensions. BelVG is proud of another member of our team who has successfully passed the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam. We are extremely happy and want to congratulate our developer Roman Kurilin with such an impressive achievement. Good job, Roman!
In this article, we have decided to explain the importance of Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer Exam. Keep reading and find out what the exam includes and how to pass it successfully!
What Is Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer Exam and Why Do You Need It?
Magento is one of the leaders in the ecommerce industry. The Magento Adobe company always strives to improve its product and is serious about its developer community education. For that reason, Magento developers take different certification exams to enrich and prove their knowledge about the platform.
One of the main exams is the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer. This certification is for developers who are proficient at Magento 2 development concepts and have over 1.5 years of experience in customising and implementing the platform. The exam is designed to check skills necessary to customize Magento 2 in lots of areas like admin modifications, UI modifications and more. The Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam lasts for 90 minutes and can be passed online. To pass the exam, you need to answer 60 questions and score at least 64%.
Why all these Magento exams are significant? It is a perfect way to prove that developers have enough Magento 2 development experience and knowledge. To top it off, Magento Certificates facilitate winning clients trust. They can easily check whether a particular developer has a certificate or not on the Magento official website. It can become a deciding factor in making a choice whether to hire a development team or not. So, if you have a certificate, your client can rely on your experience while you win their loyalty.
What does Magento 2 Certified Exam Include?
If you want to pass the Magento 2 Certified exam, you need to know what tasks you will have to manage and how to get ready. The exam is divided into ten sections aimed to check the professional skills of a developer from different angles. The sections are as follows:
1. Magento Architecture and Customization Techniques. Here you need to describe Magento’s module-based architecture and directory structure, utilize configuration XML and variables scope as well as the CLI, configure event observers and scheduled jobs and demonstrate how to use dependency injection and the ability to use plugins and manage the cache.
2. Request Flow Processing. In this section, you will utilize modes and application initialization, determine the layout initialization process, demonstrate the ability to process URLs in Magento and customize request routing.
4. Working with Databases in Magento. Here you will demonstrate the ability to use data-related classes as well as install and upgrade scripts.
5. Using the Entity-Attribute-Value (EAV) Model. In the section, you need to demonstrate the ability to use EAV model concepts, EAV entity load and save as well as the ability to manage attributes.
6. Developing with Adminhtml. This section contains the following tasks: describe common structure/architecture, utilize ACL to set menu items and permissions, define the form and grid widgets as well as system configuration XML and configuration scope.
7. Customizing the Catalog. Here your tasks are to demonstrate the ability to use products and product types, describe price functionality, determine and manage catalog rules as well as show the ability to use and customize categories.
8. Customizing the Checkout Process. In the section, you will demonstrate the ability to use a quote, quote item, address, and shopping cart rules in checkout as well as totals models. You will show how to customize the shopping cart and shipping and payment methods.
9. Sales Operations. The task is aimed to demonstrate your abilities to customize sales operations.
10. Customer Management. Here you need to demonstrate the ability to customize My Account and customer functionality.
Magento Custom Development
Take your online store to the next level with BelVG Magento Custom DevelopmentVisit the page
How to Prepare for Magento 2 Professional Developer Certification?
All ecommerce developers are dreaming to see the word “pass” on the screen after they’ve completed the Magento 2 Professional Developer Certification exam. Striving to reach the goal, Magento developers look for the guides and answers on how to prepare for the exam. To be honest, this exam is rather difficult and you need to work hard to pass it on the first try.
The easiest way to prepare for the exam is to look up some guides and tutorials online. It is loaded with lots of guides written by different developers and Magento enthusiasts. But you should be careful and always make sure that the source you consult is trustworthy. You might find outdated or even inadequate information and, as a result, fail the exam, lose time and money. So, what to do?
Magento cares about its developer community and offers a study guide. On the official Magento website, you can find and download for free a certification study guide. The guide by itself is mainly useful for Magento developers with a lot of practical experience. It contains the exam’s questions but no answers are provided. You should compare the list of questions from the official website with the answers explained by third-party teams. Make sure to check that the answers are provided by people who have passed the certification themselves.
So, if you’re looking for a detailed guide, our team has a solution for you. We’ve released our Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer Guide that contains all the necessary information to help you understand the whole examination process and successfully pass the exam. Discover our Magento tutorial!
Move your Website to the Next Level with BelVG Magento DevelopmentVisit the page
We believe that this article has clarified all the stages and helped you to find your way to pass the Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam. We congratulate Roman Kurilin once again with his success and hope that his experience will inspire you to take the exam yourself. Everything is possible if you work hard!