Re-usable pieces of markup repeat multiple times throughout the document: from <!DOCTYPE html> to </html> at the end. Lots of tricks can be used to make the work easier, including snippets and other editor possibilities, that allow putting all the closing </div> tags with two clicks instead of six. It saves our time. (more…)
Millions and millions of newsletters are sent every day. And this is a very efficient way to keep your customers updated with information about ongoing or upcoming promotions dedicated to special events or any other news that could be important and interesting for them. All that is required from your visitors is to fill out the field with their email, and further, they will be receiving the updates. That means you definitely have to know how to configure and use this tool for maintaining customers interest to your business.
By default, Newsletters Subscribe block is displayed in the footer area, but in case it’s not, you will need to enable this block.
Let’s figure out how to do that in a couple of clicks. At first, log in to the admin panel and navigate in Improve section to:
Modules > Modules & Services > Installed Modules (tab)
Here you can find Newsletter Subscription module in the theme modules section. In case it is disabled, you should simply click enable button to turn it on.
As soon as module is enabled, you need to configure it. Please select Configure option in the drop-down to set up the module. Here you will face Settings block with four options to configure.
- Would you like to send a verification email after subscription? Simply select Yes or No to specify your needs. If select Yes, then your subscribers will receive verification email with the link, to verify the email address they put in the field upon the subscribing.
- Would you like to send a confirmation email after subscription? The same here. But customers will not need to verify their email address, they just will receive a confirmation message. In case you need to change email templates, read the article “How to Edit Email Templates in Prestashop 1.7“.
- Welcome voucher code. Here you can insert a voucher code, that will be automatically sent to a customer in the welcome message.
- Newsletter conditions. You can specify any conditions here. It will be displayed as a text message after clicking Subscribe button.
As you can see these options are pretty simple and don’t require some special skills from you to configure.
Let’s consider the other functionality of this module:
- Search for addresses. Here you can find a subscriber or a customer by his(her) email address.
- Newsletter registrations. This is the list of all users that have ever made purchases on your store, registered or subscribed. Here you can find such information about them: Gender, Firstname, Lastname, Email, Subscribed or not, Date of subscription and View button to get more information about the certain user.
And the one really useful option here is Export Customer’s Addresses. It allows you to perform an export of customer’s email addresses using 3 filters:
- Customers’ country. Here you can choose any country or select all the counties at a time.
- Newsletter subscribers. Filter customers who have subscribed to the newsletter or not, and who have an account or not.
- Partner offers subscribers. Filter customers who have agreed to receive your partners’ offers or not.
After you select all the necessary options in the filters, simply click the Export .CSV file button and save this file to your computer.
That’s it, now you are able to configure the newsletter subscriptions in Prestashop 1.7 according to your needs.