Default Magento 2 functionality allows only logged-in visitors to create and save their wish lists. However, popping register/login windows usually irritate users and make them leave the website. The BelVG team has developed the Guest Wish List extension for guest users to be able to add items to their wish lists equally with registered customers.
Key features of the extension
Here are the key advantages of the extension:
- Guest users are able to add products to the wish list;
- The Ajax technology allows adding items to the wish list without reloading the main page;
- Items from the wish list can be added to the shopping cart or be removed;
- The last 3 items added to a wish list are displayed on the left sidebar on all pages;
- A separate page to manage the wish list;
- A guest wish list is automatically merged once a user logs in or registers an account;
- Control cookie lifetime via the module settings.
Why the extension should be implemented to your webstore
Firstly, the extension is easy to configure. Go to Stores ➞ Configuration ➞ BelVG Extensions ➞ Guest Wish List.
- Enable for Frontend: choose Yes to enable the extension;
- Cookie Lifetime: specify the lifetime period of cookie files. Once the indicated period expires the cookies will be automatically deleted from the browser and the users will no longer be able to access their wish lists.
- Merge Wishlist: select Yes to merge wish lists after the guest users get registered or sign into their accounts.
Once you are ready with the settings, click the Save Config to apply the changes.
Secondly, the extension is functional and easy to use. You can add an item to the wish list by simple hovering upon the product picture and clicking on a heart icon.
Partner With UsLet's discuss how to grow your business. Get a Free Quote.
The last 3 items added to the wish list are displayed on the left sidebar:
Most importantly, there is a separate page to manage the wish list, where you can either remove the chosen item or add it to cart.
Thirdly, the extension will help you decrease the bounce rate and improve your lead conversion stats by proving the possibility for guest visitors to add items to wish list without logging in or creating an account.
The extension is available at our Magento 2 store.