The Simple Product Tabs is a useful module to expand your page product description abilities. By default Magento offers only three standard product tabs which are sometimes not enough to cover all the necessary and useful information about your products or web-store or when you need to make your product page look more informative, unique and user friendly. Read more
Very often when developing extensions or custom solutions it is necessary to cache certain information. In this case the best solution is to use the default Magento cache. It’s relatively easy to use and has only a few distinctions from how it’s made in the default Magento 1.x.
With Price List extension you allow customers to download price lists without your assistance. With this extension you won’t have to manually create price lists since it creates them automatically. You only need to make a few clicks to add downloadable price list as a widget. This widget can be placed anywhere on your website. It’s a really convenient way for customers and retailers to get your price list. You can put it anywhere on your website. There can be a unique price list with all prices for all products or separate price lists for different categories. Read more
In Magento 1.x there is a special function for getting access to directories – Mage::getBaseDir(). In Magento 2.x it has been removed, but a whole new class has been added to fulfill the same mission. Please welcome Magento\Framework\Filesystem\DirectoryList. Read more
Very often, to save some module settings we have to create and use custom fields for the module settings page. To demonstrate the case, let’s take multiselect sorting as an example, which is used in our module BelVG_Priсelist for sorting attributes. We are going to use jQuery UI as a supplementary library, specifically, the part which is responsible for sorting. Read more
While trying to make the process of purchasing faster, you still need to gather information about customers. When this is the case, use Magento checkout fields to add additional fields to the checkout in your online store. You can easily manage fields for your clients to fill in. Magento checkout fields module is very flexible and easy to install.
- Unlimited number of fields;
- All types of fields available;
- Different types of field validation to add to the fields;
- Add fields to any of the checkout steps, even to several of them;
- Track statistics of the customer answers;
- Quickly edit and manage the fields (drag&drop);
- Unique fields for different store languages available;
- Answers are saved on the order page;
- Set dates for the fields to appear and disappear on frontend automatically.
Magento LookBook extension lets you put a set of markers to the product image and then link these markers to other products, which will appear in a pop-up as soon as the customer clicks on a marker. You can also select specific area on the product photo and it will get automatically highlighted upon mouse hovering.
- Add markers to product images and link these markers with other goods which will appear in a pop-up;
- The pop-up window will display the product image and will also let customers specify product quantity;
- Select specific area on the product photo, and this area will get automatically highlighted upon mouse hovering.
Magento Ajax Toolbar is an extension which allows a number of must-have UI features for your category page. One is Infinite Scroll (with or without a specific button) lets our customers see all the products in a category without reloading the page. It also provides you with a “go to top” button to quickly navigate back to the top menu. Sorting (list/grid, price based, etc) also reloads via Ajax allowing for experience uninterrupted by reloads.
- All results are available to view on the same page (infinite scroll);
- New results are uploaded via Ajax, which does not cause page reload;
- Set the module to upload results either automatically or by clicking the button;
- Convenient Back button which brings you back to the top of the page;
- Sorting and changing the catalog style (grid/list) is done via Ajax.
Sometimes you need to add the ability to change cron expression for separate tasks in the admin panel through module settings. It is important to note that native Magento does not offer such possibility by default, however, it has this mechanism included. Let’s have a look at a default task catalog_product_index_price_reindex_all in the module Mage_Catalog: Read more