In order to add a video content to a product in Magento 1.x, you needed to create a separate module or an attribute. In Magento 2 it is much easier. This functionality has been added to a default functions set.
To add a new header and footer in email templates, it’s not necessary to create a new module. You can use Transactional Emails. Navigate to System -> Transactional emails.
Magento Store Locator v.2.0 will be extraordinary helpful for owners with several offline stores. The extension grants the customers an ability to search for the stores – by products in the database and by user locations automatic detection. The search results will redirect clients to your regular stores, resellers’ or affiliate companies’ location, shown on Google Maps.
- Store search by products in the database and by user location;
- User location is detected automatically;
- Displaying store preview and description in search results;
- All links and map markers transfer to Google Maps;
- Set various radius options for customers to select from when looking for the nearest shops in their neighborhood;
- Show exact distance and provide route directions to the selected stores;
- Import all your shops into the module from a CSV file or add them manually;
Add tabs on CMS pages of your store with Magento Tabs. Insert tabs wherever you want on the page easily. Use the WYSIWYG editor to create content of the tabs. You can add texts and links, images and videos, tables, lists and more. Feel free to gather different tabs to be displayed in one window. Create unlimited number of tabs and their combinations.
- Tabs on CMS pages
- Unlimited number of tabs
- Possibility of editing content in the WYSIWYG editor
- Easy to add tabs wherever you want
- Horizontal and vertical position of the tabs
How does it look on the front end? Read more
When developing the administrative part of a module, it is often necessary to limit text field for the number of characters entered. To indicate the maximum length you can use the attribute of the tag input maxlength. Also you can use the rules of the object Validator: Read more
From time to time it is necessary to clear users’ unused shopping carts, especially for guest users. This feature has already been added with the last versions of Mаgentо. But for old versions, you can use a cron which would clear users’ shopping carts at the specified time. To do this, you should create a model and set up time to call methods for cleaning shopping carts.
So, let’s create a module with “clearing” methods: Read more
Sometimes when updating Magento to a new version we need not only to update the database structure, but also save our data. For this reason it is necessary first to back up the database and only then try to update it. In some cases, due to external table restrictions we can not run updates, but we can temporary disable the external restrictions set up for the table data.
Take the configuration file app/etc/local.xml: Read more