Read on and find out what is new in Magento 2.3.2. Still running your business with the older Magento versions? Discover the advanced ecommerce capabilities that Magento 2.3.3 brings to online merchants and see the difference.
On October 8, Magento released a new version of its both platform editions – Magento Open Source 2.3.3 and Magento Commerce 2.3.3. The updated version stands out with the multiple security and performance enhancements, as well as includes a number of crucial security patches. As the long-term Magento partner, the BelVG team feels extremely rewarded to work with the ecommerce platform whose developers care deeply about the well-being, security and comfort of the merchants and their customers and are constantly improving their product. We sincerely congratulate the Magento team on this robust release and wish that their further innovations be as prolific and successful.
In this article, we will overview the major features, capabilities and security patches introduced into the latest Magento version – Magento 2.3.3.
Table of contents:
Magento 2.3.3 release encompasses 170+ core product functional fixes and 75+ security improvements. The new version is the result of not only Magento developers’ meticulous work, but also the contribution of over 200 community members. They reported on large and small issues as well as offered reasonable enhancements to GraphQL and Inventory Management.
Below, we highlighted the key Magento 2.3.3 improvements and upgrades.
Magento 2.3.3 platform upgrades
The development team introduced the following changes to make Magento 2.3.3 more efficient and secure:
- Varnish 6.2.0 support
- PHP 7.2.x and PHP 7.3.x support (the version was tested with 7.2.21 and PHP 7.3.8 respectively)
- Zend Framework 2 Components upgrade to the versions Active/LTS.
Magento 2.3.3 performance advancement
Since the online store’s loading speed remains the major factor that influences customer retention and the website’s Google ranking, the Magento development team is working ceaselessly to optimize its performance. These are the improvements you will find in the newest Magento version.
- Non-critical CSS components have been moved to the bottom of the page to speed up the page loading.
- The automatic URL rewrite generation can be now disabled by the merchants.
- The text at the store pages will now be displayed in readable system fonts while loading system fonts.
- Due to the jQuery/ui library refactoring into separate widgets, the core modules now can load solely the widgets they need.
Magento 2.3.3 security enhancements
As always, Magento paid close attention to safety and introduced some measures aimed to make the platform even more reliable and customer-friendly. Among the 75 security issues fixed, these can be considered the most critical:
- Main Magento payment methods – Braintree and Authorize.Net – were made compliant with the Payment Services Directive (PSD). This regulation imposed the new requirements for the safety of payment processing via credit cards and bank transfers.
- Enforced XSS (cross-site scripting) protection, aimed at warding off against future exploits.
- Remote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities fixed.
Take your online store to the next level with BelVG Magento Audit
Magento 2.3.3 product improvements
The newly presented Magento 2.3.3 version is packed with functionality upscales for certain products.
- Upgraded to TinyMCE v4.9.5
- Simplified HTML content management
- Explicit product order definition, available from the admin panel.
GraphQL improvements concerned mostly gift cards and store credit features, as well as PayPal payment integrations. Magento 2.3.3 supports the following operations:
- Payments processing through Payflow Pro, PayPal Express checkout and other PayPal payment methods, supported by Magento; also payments via Link Express Checkout, Authorize.net, and Braintree
- Adding configurable products to the shopping cart
- Conversion of gift cards into store credit balance for the logged-in users
Google Shopping ads Channel
Google Shopping ads Channel used to be a Magento extension and now became a part of the platform’s core code.
Magento 2 Migration
Take your online store to the next level with BelVG Magento 2 Migration
Klarna vendor-developed extension
- Ability to disable customer information transfer
- The Canadian payment coverage option – PayBright – is added
- New B2B transaction for select markets
Vertex vendor-developed extension
- Ability to add custom fields to Vertex connector
- Vertex Flexible Fields support
- Certain attributes – administrator-created Customer, Address and Product ones – are now provided by default.
Yopto, an ecommerce marketing solution for customer loyalty, reviews and referrals, has become a part of Magento core code in the capacity of a vendor bundled extension and is integrated into the Admin panel.
Wrapping it up
So, we hope that our review gave you a good insight into what is new in Magento 2.3.3. As a Magento development company with long and solid ecommerce experience, we appraised highly all the changes and improvements introduced in this latest version. We sincerely believe that they will be proved beneficial to both online businesses and their customers. For now, let us all get to know better the latest Magento version. However, you need to keep in mind that Magento releases updates to their platform quite often, and a new Magento 2.3.4 version release will not take too long.
What is your opinion about the new Magento Commerce 2.3.3? What features do you like the most and which, to your mind, need further improvement? Share your experience with us in the comments!
Looking for an expert Magento development partner to migrate your current Magento version to Magento 2.3.3? Reach out to BelVG!
Magento Custom Development
Take your online store to the next level with BelVG Magento Custom Development