Magento is probably the first platform you will think of when you hear about ecommerce. If you are a little bit in the subject you may already know that Magento has two editions: Open Source and Commerce. In today’s article, we will review the Commerce (Cloud) version, its features, functions, and advantages.
Magento Commerce was released in 2016. This edition was designed especially for large businesses and is more functional and flexible than the Open Source version. Moreover, Magento Commerce is also divided into Starter and Pro versions for beginners and professionals respectively.
Partner With UsLet's discuss how to grow your business. Get a Free Quote.
Magento Commerce Highlights
- Personalization. Magento Commerce allows to segment customers according to their location, gender, order history, and other characteristics. Such separation helps to improve the shopping experience and show customers content and products they could be interested in. Unknown or first-time store visitors could be targeted on the basis of the products they have viewed and added to their cart.
- Related products. Up-sells, cross-sells and other related products could be very helpful for customers and merchants. That’s why it is possible to set rules to “connect” products using a condition-based tool with no efforts.
- Instant Purchase. This brand new checkout option allows customers to use previously stored payment credentials and shipping information. What else is needed to make online shopping as fast and easy as possible?
- Content Staging and Preview. It is now possible to schedule and manage updates through a timeline dashboard without involving IT. Such option greatly simplify the webstore owner’s life.
- Elasticsearch. This technology makes it easier to find a necessary product even in case of customer misspellings.
- Responsive Design. Built-in responsive design themes are touch-friendly, easily customized, SEO optimized and suitable for every device.
- B2B Functionality. This point was created for Pro users, who work with companies to increase their business buyer shopping experience. According to this functionality, companies can have an account with a team of buyers with different roles and level of permission.
- Security. It shouldn’t even be mentioned that every Magento edition includes security improvements and makes the webstore as secure as possible.
Magento Commerce Marketing and Merchandising Features
Magento Commerce gives webstore owners lots of opportunities to promote their products and make them special. Easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor allows to create and customize the site’s pages until they look perfect. It is also possible to add pagination, navigation, and menus with a page hierarchy tool, add CAPTCHA functionality and create configurable and grouped products. Automatic image resizing and watermarking are included.
A webstore owner can moderate reviews and product tags. He can also create flexible coupons for customer segments, time periods, or products, and export these coupon codes for offline distribution, email, and newsletters.
In addition to Facebook, Twitter, and email links to share products that could be added on products pages, there is a built-in extension which allows connecting corporate Facebook account and online shop. It is possible to create a store window in the social network. Every time a client clicks on a product, he will be redirected to the corresponding product page on the webstore.
Visual Merchandising feature allows optimizing product category pages, adding best sellers and the newest addition of the product with a simple drag-and-drop interface or creating special rules.
Magento Commerce Payment Functionality
Magento Commerce is integrated with world-famous payment gateways, including PayPal, Braintree, Authorize.net, CyberSource, and WorldPay. It is always possible to get additional payment extensions through the Magento Marketplace. The platform gives an opportunity to authorize and charge credit cards upon shipment or checkout.
Magento Commerce 2.2.5
The newest version of Magento Commerce was released in June 2018. Besides hundreds of fixed bugs, several significant improvements were added. For instance, it is now possible to create an account from the Order Confirmation page and apply coupon codes that exclude bundle products correctly. You can read more information about updates and improvements in our article: Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.2.5: What’s New?
More thoughts on Magento 2 edition differences are given in the following articles: