Is it possible to update or change a theme layout so that all default files would remain unchanged, yet all changes you make would be listed in a single file?Also, is it possible to optimize the working process in such a way so that you would not need to search for multiple changes in the template files? One would say that this is impossible, however the solution lies in the local.xml file.
Magento 1.7 release is marked not only by the correction of old bugs and new nice features appearance, but also by the emerging of a new mobile interface. The new design looks fresh and catchy as far as it has been completely revised and redrawn in Magento brand colors, which create a unity of style. This theme is perfect for those sites, allowing guests visiting it from mobile phones.
– A new modern appearance, which significantly increases user-friendliness;
– Use of new technologies and techniques (HTML5, CSS3), that makes it easy to support and develop;
– Menu is designed in the form of the drop-down list, and there is room for the search bar;
– It’s possible to enter the second-level directory without page reload that speeds up the navigation and saves the traffic;
– The slider and image zoom with the support of touch events are added, that makes browsing comfortable on mobile touch devices;
– The ability to add product to the cart, using drag and drop;
– Demo store does not support Android and tablets. Settings corrections are needed;
– Some images are not optimized for a screen larger than 320px, which becomes visible upon landscape viewing and using of non-standard screen sizes;
– There is no way to go back to the product image zoom page;
– It’s difficult to figure out how to add products to the cart, using drag and drop method.