Shiekh Shoes is one of the most famous footwear and apparel retailer on the West Coast of the United States. The headquarters is located in Ontario, CA and operates about 140 stores that you can meet in every major mall from Nevada to Tennessee. The product selection is aimed at young adults, featuring athletic footwear and apparel from the world’s most famous brands. Shiekh Shoes retail stores are mostly located in shopping malls. But online presence is essential and they know it really well. That’s why Shiekh Shoes turned to us with a very important task: to develop a new web store on Magento® 2 platform. The request was very specific, because they didn’t want a regular web store with default functionality. Every feature has to be unique and all the functionality should be custom. Exactly these sort of tasks is our specialization, that we are proud and famous of.
Magento 1.7 release is marked not only by the correction of old bugs and new nice features appearance, but also by the emerging of a new mobile interface. The new design looks fresh and catchy as far as it has been completely revised and redrawn in Magento brand colors, which create a unity of style. This theme is perfect for those sites, allowing guests visiting it from mobile phones.
– A new modern appearance, which significantly increases user-friendliness;
– Use of new technologies and techniques (HTML5, CSS3), that makes it easy to support and develop;
– Menu is designed in the form of the drop-down list, and there is room for the search bar;
– It’s possible to enter the second-level directory without page reload that speeds up the navigation and saves the traffic;
– The slider and image zoom with the support of touch events are added, that makes browsing comfortable on mobile touch devices;
– The ability to add product to the cart, using drag and drop;
– Demo store does not support Android and tablets. Settings corrections are needed;
– Some images are not optimized for a screen larger than 320px, which becomes visible upon landscape viewing and using of non-standard screen sizes;
– There is no way to go back to the product image zoom page;
– It’s difficult to figure out how to add products to the cart, using drag and drop method.