Online shopping has become a daily routine — more and more people are purchasing stuff on the web. Naturally, e-shop owners wish to make their business attractive, yet extremely functional for customers. And, the latest web design trends often play a role in a venture’s success or failure. We’ve passed a milestone of 6 months and already seen the coolest trends in web design this year. Is there any sense to make predictions for 2018? Absolutely! (more…)
Improve your site’s search process with the Search History module. The extension makes the standard Magento search box more personal, providing autocomplete results on the basis of the individual search history.
By default, Magento autocomplete results are based on the search history of all visitors of a store. And whenever you make a search, the suggestions dropdown shows you related searches on the basis of other users’ results. But the Search History extension makes the process much more individual. The suggestions get based only on your personal previous searches so you will always get the relevant suggestions and will be able to find the required items much faster.
- Search box dropdown provides search suggestions on the bases of your personal search history;
- Suggestions can be based either on browser cookies or can be session-specific;
- No programming skills required.
How to Configure and Use
Log into your Magento admin panel and switch to the Stores – Configuration – BelVG Extensions – Latest Search section.
The module settings offer the following options to configure:
- Enable for frontend – switch the module on/off;
- History label – set the name of the dropdown box with the search suggestions that will be displayed on the frontend;
- Number of recent searches – the maximum number of search suggestions to be displayed in the box;
- Storage type – choose, whether the search suggestions should be based on the browser cookies or be session-specific (browser tab specific).
This is all! The module is ready to work!
Now, whenever a visitor starts typing the search request on your web-store, the search suggestions results will be user-specific, based on the recent searches of that specific visitor only.
When the search returns no result, this search request is not saved in the history.
Once the customer starts typing he will be able to choose relevant search suggestions.