Magento security patch SUPEE-6788 released on the 27th of October 2015 fixes more than 10 security problems including remote execution and data leaks. It has been included in Magento 188.8.131.52. Unfortunately, at the same time as adding numerous fixes, it affects several extensions. So the best way to deal with these issues is to make a development copy of your site before installing the patch and install the patch there. You can find our more about it here. (more…)
Improve your site’s search process with the Search History module. The extension makes the standard Magento search box more personal, providing autocomplete results on the basis of the individual search history.
By default, Magento autocomplete results are based on the search history of all visitors of a store. And whenever you make a search, the suggestions dropdown shows you related searches on the basis of other users’ results. But the Search History extension makes the process much more individual. The suggestions get based only on your personal previous searches so you will always get the relevant suggestions and will be able to find the required items much faster.
- Search box dropdown provides search suggestions on the bases of your personal search history;
- Suggestions can be based either on browser cookies or can be session-specific;
- No programming skills required.
How to Configure and Use
Log into your Magento admin panel and switch to the Stores – Configuration – BelVG Extensions – Latest Search section.
The module settings offer the following options to configure:
- Enable for frontend – switch the module on/off;
- History label – set the name of the dropdown box with the search suggestions that will be displayed on the frontend;
- Number of recent searches – the maximum number of search suggestions to be displayed in the box;
- Storage type – choose, whether the search suggestions should be based on the browser cookies or be session-specific (browser tab specific).
This is all! The module is ready to work!
Now, whenever a visitor starts typing the search request on your web-store, the search suggestions results will be user-specific, based on the recent searches of that specific visitor only.
When the search returns no result, this search request is not saved in the history.
Once the customer starts typing he will be able to choose relevant search suggestions.