When I was making my first PrestaShop Theme, an idea crossed my mind (not a fresh one though): it would be great to create a mobile version of the theme besides a desktop one. At the very beginning I was in some difficulty: it was impossible to delimit desktop and mobile PrestaShop templates. However both our complete devotion and new possibilities of CSS 3 allow us to create unique things easily. We can improve internet sellers’ lives and display their products to customers, no matter what device they use to access the eShop. (more…)
When you are searching for something on a web store, usually you don’t know how exactly store owners named their products.
The search can give no results if a customer enters names that are not correct.
Prestashop Search SpellChecker helps customers search items on a website even if they misspell search terms or don’t know exact product names.
Mashape Integration included in Search SpellCheck module compares search terms with products from your database and displays the right words that are relevant to the products present on your store.
Using this module, you can import CSV file with your own search suggestions: you can add words and even phrases that your customers will see when searching on your store. Define max number of suggestions seen by customer in search field, enter words used for suggestions.
Search SpellCheck is all about easy configuration for store administrators and easy search for clients.
- Search Spell Checking;
- Displaying Search Suggestions;
- Search Terms Import;
- Mashape Service Integration;
- The number of suggestions can be defined.
How to Configure
Navigate to Modules and find Search SpellChecker. Press “Configure”.
- Search Terms Import (CSV File) – in order to add your own Search Suggestions, just create CSV file and enter Search Suggestions. Simply enter your suggestions, one word or phrase per line. After the file is ready, you can upload it in module configuration;
- Display count of Search terms – enter the max quantity of suggestions from the CSV file that you want to show your customers when they are searching on your store;
- Mashape API Key – if you want to enable Mashape spell checking, first you need to create an account on this website: https://market.mashape.com/montanaflynn/spellcheck. Copy your API Key from Mashape in this field. It will connect your website with this service. If a customer misspells a word when searching, a suggestion from your store database will be displayed;
- Display count of Mashape suggestion – here you can define the max number of suggestions generated by Mashape that will appear.
How to Use
When a customer enters a search term, the module compares it with words that are included in the CSV file and shows suggestions.
When a customer makes a mistake in spelling, the module displays the correct version.