Product comparison is a useful Magento feature that helps customers compare goods by their qualities and features and find the best product to purchase. However, there is always a place for perfection, and with our new Advanced Comparison module you can incredibly improve the product comparison process on your web store and make it much more convenient and faster for your customers! (more…)
There’s good news concerning Magento website development. Magento Community Edition 2.2.0 Release Candidate has had many bugs fixed and contains many essential features that can get clients amazed.You’re suggested to review the essential points that are in the limelight:
- The function of reporting has been improved, so as a result, merchants are provided with an advanced reporting based on a reliable way to report on products and customers. For additional information, please, learn Module Reference Guide.
- Security has been enhanced in order to protect a web store from being hacked. Specific un-serialize calls have been removed while hashing algorithm has been changed to upgrade security level. Debugging, logging and customization enhancements will be evaluated by developers who deal with Magento 2.
- Technology stack has been upgraded as well. PHP 5.6 and Varnish 3 will no longer be supported. Alternatively, PHP 7.1, Redis 3.2, MySQL 5.7, and Varnish 5 are supported. As for the third-party libraries, they have been updated to the highest version.
- A new process called pipeline deployment has been implemented. It allows getting build and deployment stages separated when running. Pipeline deployment manages configuration between environments. For extra data, click here.
- Substantial performance is based on indexing, cart, and cache operations enhancements. Now customers are allowed to do shopping on a storefront while indexers are running. A shopper is allowed to create a cart with about 300 items when a merchant processes a cart of 300 line items.
The essential changes have been already made, but there are still some issues that need to be resolved. That’s why now the following issues are being fixed:
- js.translation.js files can’t be correctly regenerated when deploying. The result is that translated theme strings can’t be displayed by Magento.
- Videos for simple products are not displayed, but thumbnail images are displayed instead.
- The cart price rules are not applied when items are sorted by price.
From all has been said it follows a new Magento version is going to be released soon. Despite the fact, the technologies are constantly changing and it requires much time and effort to correspond to trends, many web stores are based on an old-fashioned Magento version. Such a web store is vulnerable and can’t be competitive on the modern market. Don’t waste time and do not allow your business to fail. Ask certified developers for help and you’ll see the results shortly.