Here is a nice PHP code for you to easily change the status of an order in your Presta store. (more…)
We continue an overview of Prestashop 1.7 and let’s cover another very important topic for newcomers. For example, your business is connected with selling apparel, so almost every model of shirt or dress has its own attributes. Let it be size, color or material, therefore your customers have a choice and they are able to find a certain product that suits them. So how to add attributes to the products and give more options to your customers during they are shopping? Let’s have a look at it:
Here you can see the attributes on the product page. There are 3 variations of size (S, M, L) and 2 of color (Black or White):
You know that the final price could depend on the chosen attributes, for example the black blouse could be more expensive, or S size could be cheaper than L size.
And now let’s find out how to manage attributes in admin panel.
After you successfully logged in, please navigate in Admin Menu to:
Catalog => Attributes & Features
Here you can the see the attributes that your products have. These are Size, Shoes Size and Colour.
If you click on the Size attribute, you will see that this attribute has 4 options:
So when you create a new attribute it should contain some value, in this case there are different sizes.
Let’s create a new attribute.
Just click on ‘Add new attribute’ button:
Here are only 2 fields and 1 drop down you must to complete:
- Name. That is a short description of the attribute. Please make it specific to avoid confusing with other attributes.
- Public name. This is attribute name that will be displayed right on the product page and will be seen by customer.
- Attribute Type: Here you should choose the way how the attribute will be displayed on the product page. You are able to choose between Drop-down list, Radio buttons, Colour and texture.
Then just press ‘Save’ button to create a new attribute.
As you can see I’ve just created a new attribute that is called Texture.
But if you click on ‘View’ button you will notice that there are no Values in this attribute. That’s why the next step is Adding new values:
There are 4 steps you need to complete for value creation:
- Attribute group. Please make sure that you creating value exactly for that attribute group that you need. In our case that is ‘texture’.
- Value. That is a name of value. In our case it should be related with texture. So let it be Silky.
- Colour. In case your attribute is a colour, you can set up required colour.
- Texture. You can upload an image to define the texture or type of your product. This image will be displayed on a product page. I uploaded an image with Silky texture of material.
Don’t forget to click ‘Save’ button, after you filled out all the fields.
Let’s create one more Value and call it Rumple.
So here what we got:
Now you know how to create new attributes and add different values. But now we need to add this attributes to required products. For that we have to create new combinations with our attributes.
Just navigate in Sell sector to Catalog=>Products.
Choose the product you need and you will see the following screen:
So now switch to Combinations tab and create a new Combination. For that, enter the wanted attributes (like “size” or “color”) and their respective values in the field below; or select it in the right column. Then click on “Generate”: it will automatically create all the combinations for you.
As the result we will get this combination:
Then you can edit some details of your new combination or just set is as default:
That’s all, save all changes and check if the new attribute appeared on the frontend. And if everything is fine, you will see this attribute on a product page and will be able to choose between suggested texture.