You’ve successfully installed Prestashop 188.8.131.52 (or someone else has done it for you) and you don’t have a clue where to look and what to do. Discover it with us and improve your Prestashop skills step by step.
For some, adding a new category may seem like something obvious. This article is for pure beginners that have never done such things or for those who simply need step-by-step instruction.
In this article I will show you how to add a new Category.
First step is to navigate to Catalog => Categories.
Then you’ll see the list of categories that are already on the store. In order to add a new Category, press the “Add New Category” button.
Click one of the following buttons:
- Name – Enter Category Name;
- Parent Category – Select Parent Category;
- Description – Enter Category Description;
- Category Cover Image – Here you can upload a big picture that will be displayed in the description of a category;
- Category thumbnail – Upload a small picture that will be used to describe category;
- Then goes Meta title, Meta description, Meta keywords – this is the description for SEO purposes;
- Friendly url – enter a name of the category – this is how users can access your category;
- Group access – here you can define which groups can access your store.
You have 3 groups that you can choose:
- Visitor – All people without a valid customer account;
- Guest – Customer who placed an order with the guest checkout;
- Customer – All people who have created an account on this site.
Then press the “Save’ button
Your category has been save and you are redirected to the list of categories. If you want to add changes to the category, press “Edit”.
You can also change positions of your categories by dragging and dropping them to other positions.