Sometimes there are cases that after you update css and js files some users may not be able to see the changes because their browsers use cached versions of these files. An experienced user will just reload a page without cache, but if you want to help other users you can try this free module: “Manual version for JS and CSS files”. The module adds a line into the source code where indicating version of the file. For example: “http://belvg.info/demo/prestashop/facebook_all_15/themes/default/css/grid_prestashop.css?version=17” (more…)
Prestashop Promo Blocks module will let you create and place additional product blocks to pages of your online store. The module allows placing unlimited number of blocks to the left and right sides of a page and assign any product you want for each of them. You can assign 1 product to 1 block – but make any number of block combinations to the page – essentially if you want 3 products advertised in the left column you create 3 product blocks in it.
- Create extra blocks to be displayed on your website pages;
- Blocks are displayed on all pages, including home, product and category pages;
- Add as many blocks as you want;
- Specify blocks order in the columns;
- Enable and disable blocks from the admin panel;
- Short product description displaying on hover.
Unfortunately, current default Prestashop blocks are very limited in numbers and functionality, so they do not allow store owners to embody all their marketing ideas and arrange their page view in the way they find most suitable and rational.
That is why we have created the Promo Blocks module which allows placing additional blocks to pages of your web-store. This way you can create unlimited number of extra blocks in which you would be able to advertise your products and display items for additional promotion.
How to Use
Now let’s get acquainted with the Promo Blocks module features and how your customers will see them on your website.
Once a block is created you will see it on the page in accordance with the specified settings.
When hovering the mouse over the block it starts displaying short product description.
How to Configure
In order to configure the Promo Blocks module log into the admin panel and go to Modules -> Modules -> BelVG Promo Blocks -> Configure.
Standard settings include only 2 fields to configure:
- Count of the products on the left column – enter number of the blocks to display on the left column;
- Count of the products on the right column – enter number of the blocks to display on the right column.
Once you configure the necessary settings click Save to apply the changes.
How to create a new block?
To create a new block go to Catalog -> Promo Blocks section.
This will open up the configurations window where you can create and control all your available blocks.
Click the Add New button to start creating a new block. You will need to configure the following options:
- Title – Set name for your new block. This name will be visible online at the top of the block;
- Status – Enable the block to make it available online;
- Product – Choose the product which will be displayed in this block. You need to start typing the first letter of your product to launch the list of products to select from;
- Column – specify whether to display the block on the right or left column.
Once you click Save the new block will be added to the list.
If you want to remove or edit existing blocks simply click the respective button next to each block in the list.
How to change position of your blocks?
It is also possible to change the position of your blocks: you can move them up or down the page and specify for them any other position among other blocks.
To do that go to Modules -> Positions and in the list find Right Column Blocks and Left Column Blocks sections.
Use the arrow buttons to move your blocks up or down the list or simply drag them to the necessary position.