APIs* can be used for a wide variety of tasks, from creating shop applications to CRM*/ERP* integrations. It’s quite easy to start working with APIs. Let’s take a look at creating products and categories using token-based* authentification. To do this we need Composer and Magento 2.0. (more…)
Grooming.se is a Swedish online store that sells shaving accessories for men. They have more than 10 years of expertise in the field and offer a broad product range. They sell a variety of shaving accessories: razors, shaving brushes and shaving soaps from famous manufacturers such as Gillette, L’Oreal Men, Hugo Boss etc.
They were looking for a Magento® team to help them move their Magento® site from their current developers server to their own new server. We successfully moved their site to the new server and it. So if you are not satisfied with your current server, consider using our services to move to a new one.
After moving to a new server, the client wanted a fresh new design for his site. Though the thing was that their site was on old version of Magento® – 1.6.
So we offered to upgrade the version of Magento® to 22.214.171.124 before making any other changes: it helped to keep up with improvements made to Magento® and apply all security patches available. Plus, now there is a larger choice of themes and extensions compatible with Magento® 126.96.36.199 than with Magento® 1.6.
So first of all we created a development copy of their site.
Before the upgrade, we checked with the client which extensions he actually needs and disabled the unnecessary ones. We applied the upgrade and updated extensions to the versions compatible with Magento® 188.8.131.52.
The client wanted to improve their design and sent us a sketch of changes that they would like to see. We found several themes that corresponded best to these changes. The client decided to go with a BelVG theme called Mageshop.
We installed the theme and made customizations. Most changes that we made to the site didn’t affect the structure of their DB. Before going Live with a new theme, we applied the Live DB of their old site to see how it affects the structure. Then we set up time and date of the new opening and worked things out to make sure we don’t lose anything after we pushed the site to production.